Pair any of these messages with any of the social media graphics and then post it on your school website or school social media account.
Visit HealthyChildren.org for more information and to answer questions about your children’s health.
An annual well-child visit can help keep your child healthy! Data shows that healthy children tend to earn better grades, attend school more often and display more positive behaviors in class.
Why are well-child visits important?
- Prevention – to ensure your child is healthy & stays healthy, which includes getting recommended immunizations.
- Tracking Growth & Development – Track your child’s growth & discuss age-appropriate milestones.
- Raising Concerns – share any concerns you have regarding your child.
- Team Approach – build a relationship with your pediatrician to ensure optimal physical, mental, and social health
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends well-child visits as a way for pediatricians and parents to serve the needs of children. This annual checkup offers several benefits including:
- Preventive care and immunizations
- Following growth and developmental milestones
- Tracking social and emotional development
- A safe place to ask questions and raise concerns about your child’s health
- A team approach to healthcare that includes you, your child, and your child’s provider
- Obtaining resources to support your family’s needs
Is your child ready to head back to school? Here’s a back-to-school checklist:
- Schedule a well-child visit
- Schedule a sports & activity physical
- Get caught up on all recommended immunizations
- Visit the dentist
- Communicate any special needs to your school nurse – asthma action plan, epi-pen, make sure needed medications are on file, etc.